Children love preparing for Santa’s big visit. What better way to do this then making a special treat jar for him.
You will need
A Glass jar
Old Christmas card
Contents for jar e.g. cookies, sweets, message for Santa, small gift, food for reindeer
Small piece of felt
- Wrap the thick ribbon around and secure using glue.
- Cut out a nice image from a Christmas card and stick to the centre of the ribbon.
- Place the top of the jar on a piece of crêpe paper and mark around it with a pencil, about 1.5 cm from the edge all around.
- Cut it out with the scissors.
- Paint the top of the jar with glue and place the crêpe paper on top, pressing securely on to and around the edge of the lid.
- Let the children decide on the contents of the jar and allow them to fill the jars before placing the lid on top.
- Cut out a small label from card 3 cm x 2 cm and curve at the edges while cutting to make the gift tag.
- Cut the piece of felt slightly bigger than the tag and stick the tag on top of the felt using the glue.
- Punch a hole in the corner of it.
- Thread the ribbon through the hole and tie the ribbon around the top of the lid securing the crêpe paper nicely around the lid.
- Put away in s safe place until Christmas eve.
- I’m sure Santa will be delighted with this little surprise. It will be much appreciate after all the hard work assembling toys and putting them under the tree:)