With such a wonderful selection of edible easter decorations in the shops, why not snap up some and have some fun making these delicious little buns with the kids. Below is a very a very simple basic cupcake recipe. You will need Makes 18 225g/8oz caster sugar 225g/8oz butter or margarine 4 eggs ½ tsp vanilla essence 250g/9oz self-raising flour To decorate 150g cooking milk chocolate Editable bunnies, smarties, sprinkles, stars etc. or anything else pretty and easter like that you can find.
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs and vanilla essence. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little of the flour. Gently stir in the remaining flour with a spoon.
- Line cake tin with baking cases.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15–20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- While waiting on them to bake, break up the chocolate pieces and place in a bowl over a pot of boiling water and melt over a gentle heat.
- Remove the buns from the oven and leave on a wire tray to cool. When cool dip each bun into the melted chocolate and have fun decorating them.
- Set aside for about an hour to allow the chocolate to set, that is if you have the patience to wait!