A cute little bird house
I love making crafts from recycled materials. I made this cute little bird house with the boys today. It’s not whether proof but looks cute hanging from our cherry blossom tree in our small garden. Initially I intended on using crêpe paper in greens, yellows, browns etc, to make it blend into the garden. However, this took a twist when Thomas chose this lovely retro themed paper. I think its looks very cute!
You will Need
- Juice carton
- Crepe paper/coloured paper
- scalpel knife
- Plain white paper
- Coloured pencils/markers
- Lollipop sticks
- Clean and dry the milk carton well.
- Remove the screw top from the top of the carton using the scalpel knife.***This needs to be done by an adult. Cut a piece of the white paper and attach it to the carton with the glue, covering the top of the hole.
- Cut a hole 4.5″ above the bottom of the carton. The hole should be approximately 3″ in diameter. ***This needs to be done by an adult. This is the entrance for the birds.
- Cut small pieces of the paper and cover the entire carton with the pieces of paper.
- Draw a picture of a bird on a small piece of paper and glue to the front of the bird house.
- Cut the lollipop sticks in half and glue them across the front and back of the top of the carton to make the roof.
- Using the point of the scissors punch holes in the bottom of the carton.
- Using the scissors punch a hole through the top of the feeder, thread a piece of string through the hole and hang your feeder on a tree.